Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maternity Photography in Castle Rock, CO

I was at Bunco with my girlfriends when I got my first request to do Maternity pictures. I didn't know the girl very well, she was new to the group and the thought of my first try being on someone I barely knew scared the bahgeebers out of me, but I found the challenge to be too intriguing to turn her down. Now... I am so glad I took that chance and said yes, because
"Belly Shots" have become one of my favorite things to do!

Depending on the mom, each shoot takes on it's own personality. Some moms are more conservative, others more daring, some like to be outdoors and other feel more comfortable indoors. Some come alone, others bring daddy along or even their moms and others surround themselves with their babes who have come along before hand; and I love them all!

I do feel sorry for the unsuspecting dad of my first shoot. We just couldn't help ourselves... he (as with most dads) was very uncomfortable with the whole idea of taking maternity shots and so it was easy to take advantage of his already nervous mindset. While getting ready that morning his lovely bride commented that he should choose a different pair of underwear since I would be seeing them. He immediately began to stammer and protest, but she insisted that they needed to be willing to do whatever I wanted and I had mentioned wanting to "try" an "in the buff" pose. He continued to protest but she held firm that they need to be ready for anything.

We started the shoot working with the whole family mom, dad and their 3 boys, when we were done with the boys I told them that it would be best if they made their way to the living room where they could wait until we were finished. Dad, looking oh so nervous scrambled to go with them, but turned white as a sheet when I announced that I wasn't quite done with him. As I reached for a photo that I had printed off the Internet that morning, I said "So, I'd like to try something a little more daring." I saw dad's eyes drop in absolute horror as he got glimpse of the photo... a couple, completely naked and spooning with the photo taken from the side. The look on his face was absolutely PRICELESS!! Mom and I couldn't hold back the laughter any longer and busted out laughing!!! Poor guy!!


Most dad's are a bit tentative, but I work hard to make their portion of the shoot quick and painless. In fact many dad's drive separately, do a few shots with in their personal comfort range and then head back to work or wherever (but of course they are welcome to stay and watch the whole shoot if they want too).


If you are having a baby, whether it is your first or fifth, I encourage you to consider having "Belly Shots" taken, it is a precious time in your life and the life of your baby that you will want to remember. My "Pending Wishes" sessions starts at just $80 so it's affordable for just about anyone! Plus you can pair it with a newborn session with my "Before & After Wishes" package and save a few bucks!!


So... if you or someone you love is expecting a baby, visit my website at http://www.3wishesphotograpy.com/ to get more information how to schedule your own "Belly Shoot" appointment.

No comments: