Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family Photographer in Castle Rock, CO



This sneak peek is a little late in coming.  I just couldn't narrow it down anymore so I ended up doing a few more for the peek than usual. Kellie had to wait a little longer but... she got to see more of her photos!

Just have a look at these little beauties!  Allison and Megan (I am 98% sure I got that right)
They were just too much fun to work with!  The trouble with girls is that most of them like having their pictures taken just as much as I like taking them which ends up with them and me skipping from location to location while dad is thinking "How much longer is this going to last?"

 See!  he won't even look at the camera anymore!  Oh bahaha!

 Sorry for the delay, Kellie!  I had a super fantastic time with you and your family!

 It's been a funky date.  I recently texted a friend they my heart is heavy today and it literally feels heavy.  I have tried to pin point an event or something that I could attribute it to but I got nothing.
 I started my day with watching the speech given at this year's inaugural prayer breakfast (what?  you mean most people don't start their day that way?)  It was an amazing speech, dripping in truth about how our country has turned it's back on God and has replaced Him with false gods and idols just like the nation of Israel did years ago.  
 It saddens me to think about how we, as a country, have treated God.  Several conversations through out the day have made me ponder the false gods in my own life.  The list was longer than I would have liked but some that topped the list were:
Perfectionism
Food
and my continued registration in the race to be Super Mom.  Sometimes this one can be the most exhausting, just today I was scouring Pinterest for a Valentine idea, heaven forbid I send my girls to school with Disney Princess or Snoopy Valentines!!    They have to be clever, super cute but at the same time obscure so that know has seem them before.

  The comparing and measuring up that we do to each other is hurtful and while we try to feel better about ourselves, listing all the wonderful mom things are doing, in turn we are making other precious women question themselves and wonder if they are doing enough.  
In fact it happened to me today...  as I listened on the phone about all this mom was doing I started to feel depressed and run down.  I started to wonder if I was failing my kids.
 My heart was heavy.
I jumped on Facebook (may as well pour salt on the open wound) and stumbled upon a video.  A song about a young man who wanted to be just like "you".   It made me think about my girls, who do they want to be like, who are watching and wishing to be like?  
What mom am I wishing and wanting to be like?
And then there it was tucked in the lyrics of the song... 
"Then in steps Jesus!"  
Well AMEN!  It's all about Jesus!  And I wanted to be just like HIM!!
cija@3wishesphotography.com
www.3wishesphotography.com

No comments: