Friday, May 9, 2014

Shane and Erin's Wedding

Shane & Erin
May 2, 2014



 I have mentioned before that weddings are way stressful for me.  So, I have put all these, what's the word… I'll use boundaries,  cuz I can't think of a better one, around the weddings that I will do.
Just trying to put myself in a position where I will be the most successful at turning out wedding photos my clients will love. 
 So my Brides and Grooms agree to "work with me" in a few areas:
Outdoor Ceremony 
First Look with formal portraits before the ceremony
and a limited 4-5 hour contract
This approach matches me with couples that are a good fit with my photography/wife/mom goals. 
 I'm not gonna lie… I have a number of brides that choose to go elsewhere and that okay with me, for the best results the photographer and client need to share the same goals.
 But… can I just say how delighted I was when Erin choose to move forward with me as her photographer!!  I can't… there is no way for me to share how deeply happy I was for her and how honored I felt to just be there, to get a front row seat to such a special day.
 I would have never met Erin, if it hadn't been for my super awesome client and friend, Cathy Binford, who introduced me to Erin and her 4 precious kiddos just over a year ago.  Thanks CATHY!!
Erin was absolutely stunning!  Top it off with a gorgeous dress, and I mean GE-OR-Gous!
and the perfect bouquet and the shoes… well you get the picture. 
 And we could not have ordered a more beautiful day.  The day before while visiting the venue the winds were howling and I thought "oh my, this could be interesting" but this day was positively perfect. 
 Now the Wedding Party. 
Shane and Erin's kids. 
 From left to right we have Sydney, Quinn, Lilly, Kayne, Ella and Walker.
 What a beautiful family.
and on my goodness, Walker climbed this tree, like high… super high, like call the firetruck and get a ladder high!!  and Erin was all like "Walker, it's time to come down now."  
This is why God didn't give me boys. 
 Shane was looking pretty sharp too… I especially love the socks and shoes, sorry, you'll just have to trust me on that one. 



 After pictures it was time for the ceremony.   Some highlights for you.
Is it okay to share the funny stuff too??? 
I think so… it's those things that will make the memories so much sweeter. 
1.  "The Rev" (that was their nickname) started the ceremony before the bride came down the aisle. Oops.
2. My personal favorite was the videographer walking down the aisle in front of the bride and her father.   (I lie, that was not my favorite)
3. Quinn and Walker (and cousin, I believe) added a little variety show of their own… I think that really was my favorite part. 
4. Erin's sister did a reading… lovely.
5. They made a beautiful family sand art.
6. Erin and Shane smiled from ear to ear!
7.   And the kids all groaned and covered their eyes when the kissed!
 It was pretty much… Perfect!

 The reception was amazing as well, elegant buffets that included a special buffet just for the 50 kids that attended the wedding (that's pretty awesome!), special treats sprinkled through out the room from lollypops to pretzels, a live band and lots of dancing!

Shane and Erin, I wish you joy and life time of adventures raising your beautiful family, thank you so much for allowing me the privilege of photographing your very special day.  I was truly honored. 

And a special thank you, to Jaime my awesome assistant and second shooter for the day.  I wouldn't have made it with out you. 
 Literally… I would still be half way between the car and the venue gasping for air!! Thank you!!
cija@3wishesphotography.com
www.3wishesphotography.com

No comments: