Monday, February 29, 2016

My Version of the Oscars, the Cijas!

I will admit I did not watch the Oscars.  On a good year, I have maybe seen two of the movies mentioned.  One year, I tried to watch all the nominated films and ended up just wanting to poke my eyes out.  Perhaps I am not refined enough to understand the highly educated mind, and frankly, I am okay with that.  

So here's what I like in a movie.  I like to smile, laugh, cry for a bit and then smile again.  I like to feel good when I've finished watching.  I like a movie that makes we want to hold my husband's hand or go home and tell him that I love him.  I like a movie that reminds me that kids will drive you all the way to crazy but at the same time make my heart pound with love and pride. I like to be inspired to be better and to love more.  And on occasion I even like to be scared but just a little.  I like when the good guys win and when the couple gets together.  Some would say that makes me boring or simple.  I'll take it.

I don't like movies that are gross, bloody, evil, have crude humor or have language that makes my ears hurt. Oh and I prefer the characters to have bathed recently.

So here are the movies in the running (meaning the movies I actually saw this year)






















So, let's hit some of the Oscar Categories, shall we?

Best Make Up - Mockingjay Part 2

Best Costume Design - Cinderella (but Mockingjay Part 2 is right up there)

Best Visual Effects - Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Best Animated Feature Film - Inside Out (The Peanuts Movie is a close second… less Red Baron)

Best Cinematography - Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Best Actress - Blake Lively, Age of Adaline

Best Actor - Robert Dinero, The Intern

Best Picture - The War Room

Some further thoughts..

I loved this movie is was funny, clean and made me think about people and their personal struggles in the different stations and seasons of life.
I loved this movie too, because the male lead was a real live gentleman! and it demonstrated the power of putting other peoples needs above your own.
Ugh.  I just want those 2 hours of my life back.
The bear scene was pretty realistic.  Otherwise, lots of dirty people, incredibly slow, and depressing

Exciting, fun, action, adventure! Loved every minute!
Pleasant surprise about walking a mile in someone else's shoes
Just the right amount of scary, and a good reminder to be kind to others!
Yes, Please.  
Inspirational!!  Life changing movie! By far the best of the year!

Now, somebody book a photo shoot, clearly I have too much time on my hands!!
www.3wishesphotography.com
cija@3wishesphotography.com


No comments: