Monday, August 9, 2010

Precious Moments... Mother & Child







I am having a hard time figuring out where to start, how to collect all the thoughts that are running through my mind and write an entry that is somewhat worthy of these pictures and the emotion they stir with in me. I know, even now that I will not succeed. The mommy in these shots is my dear friend, Cindy. We met years ago in the corporate world, we were both successful business women in the world of electronics, but life has brought us both to very different places. Cindy is a full time mom of three children, Ryan is grown and has a baby of his own, J.D. is fourteen and Marissa is nine. At six and half months old, Marissa's development took an unexpected turn, leaving her confined to a wheelchair and unable to talk. Cindy and her husband, Jess have spent countless hours going from doctor to doctor, having test after test to try and find out what happened to their baby girl. Eight and half years later the questions are still unanswered. Marissa remains undiagnosed and it is estimated that whatever it is that is causing her issues is as rare as 1 in 20,000,000.
I image that Cindy will wish that her hair would have been fresher or that there had been time to touch up with some make up before we took these shots, but I LOVE them. I believe that they capture the true beauty of who Cindy is and of the personal sacrifices that she makes everyday to see that Marissa's every need is taken care of. I have seen Cindy at her best, clean, pressed, polished and styled, but today and everyday she is the picture of true beauty. I love you, Cindy. Cija

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are two of my favorite people in the entire world. Cindy, is the epitome of charity and unconditional love. She is my hero and example. I love her. Thank you so much for sharing these photos.