Monday, October 4, 2010

Another call to pray...









I never imagined when I started this business that God would trust me with such tender moments along the way. First it was Ellie, 3 years old fighting a rare and aggressive form of cancer, then it was Mike, father of 3 young boys about to start chemo, then Joshua laying in a hospital bed after falling 3 stories from a bedroom window and on Saturday it was Melissa. A brand new mom, only 28 years old fighting her own battle with cancer. I feel so honored to be able to meet these precious people to hear their stories and to lift them before our Father in heaven in silent prayer as I capture this part of their journey on film. It wasn't difficult to relate to Melissa, we are both daughters, wives and moms, and as I caught glimpses of each relationship from behind my lens, I would wonder what it must be like to be in her shoes, walking this road. So, once again, I am asking you to join with me in prayer for Melissa.

Dear Gracious Heavenly Father, Lord thank you for this sweet opportunity to meet Melissa and her family. Lord, I pray that you would be near this family, that you would draw them close to you during this time, that they would see you in a way that they have never seen you before and experience your love in a way they never have before. I pray that you would bring them strength and courage to face the fight ahead and peace and comfort to carry them through. I pray that you would reach down and touch Melissa's body that you would wipe the cancer from every cell in her body and that the miracle of her healing would bring glory and honor to your kingdom. In the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my Prayers are out there to Melissa. with Trust in Gods grace He will be with her through these trials

Linsey said...

I am praying for them also!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.....these are absolutely beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye. My family. Gorgeous! Thank you for taking these with such care, and grace.
Auntie Shan (a.k.a. Sis)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have captured the soul and the true grace. They are in our daily prayers....Love always, Auntie T

Anonymous said...

Terrific Pics! Can't wait to see you guys again. Sandy and I are leaving on the 21st and should be there on the 22nd. Melissa is very beautiful and beams with life. Coen is a chunk and I can't wait to play with him again! Love ya, Dad