Saturday, February 12, 2011

Boudoir Photography in Castle Rock, CO

NOTE: While I offer full service Boudoir photography I do not post any of my "more delicate" work in this public forum, to see a private boudoir gallery please contact me at cija@3wishesphotography.com. 

Phew!!  Have I been busy... scramblin' to get everyone's boudoir pictures done and processed before Valentine's day.  Rod and the girls just left to go out for Valentines' day just a few minutes ago.  Chick-Fil-A is having a Daddy/Daughter night, we decided to go all out.  The girls got all dressed up and we spent an hour doing "fancy hair", Rod even wore a tie! They are sure to have a fabulous night together. 

I don't even know where to begin with this post...  I have been dragging my feet somewhat because I don't even where to begin to try and explain what this whole boudoir experience has been.  I can't even seem to wrap my head around it, it's just so multi-faceted so unexplainable and yet, I am going to try.  I think this whole experience deserves to be journaled at length somewhere and I hope to do that while all the feelings are still fresh.  I never imagined that deciding to do this photography would have the impact it has had on not only the girls that participated but on me.  Okay, let's go back... remember when I was just starting to book these appoints I blogged about some of the comments I was hearing from the women I talk too...
- I'm so white and pasty
- I need to lose a few extra pounds
- I'm afraid my children would be scared
- I'm afraid my jiggly parts would look awful
and those were the comments from women who were brave enough to verbalize them.  Now... let's fast forward to after the sessions and hear the comments.
- "Oh my gosh, I can't believe that is me, I am still beautiful"
- "Is that me? I can't believe that's me! Thank you sooooo much!!!"


- "I love them. Thank you Thank you Thank you so much for being a tool in the hand of God. "
- "I love them Cija!!!!  This is truly my husbands dream come true!"


- "You are going to start a marriage revival with these photo shoots. Thank you so much! My husband is going to love them and I love them too!
-  "Cija, thank you so much!  I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, thank you for reminding me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made."



- "I just saw them. You are amazing! Can I just say, as awkward and embarrassing this was initially, I am so happy I did this. I feel freed. I know the Lord wanted me to see myself "naked and unashamed." Thank you for having the courage to do this and for helping so many of us. "

- "I just wanted to thank you again for today and tell you that after doing the shoot , I’m recommending it to all my friends – I think it’s a great thing for married women to do, but also something a woman could do just for herself from time to time – it’s been such a good reminder to me (and an eye opener for me) how, as a woman, I need to make time for myself and keep doing the things that make me feel “kept up”, just for me, but also because when I’m feeling less like a worn out, frazzled, stay-at-home mom of two busy little ones and more like my old self, I’m a better wife, mom, friend, etc.  Thanks for walking me thru it so patiently!"

  
And this is just the stuff I have in writing!! The stories I could tell, women who have poured their hearts out feeling inadequate only to have there photos done and end up feeling truly beautiful.  It has been so awesome to see how God has loved on these ladies through this process and I feel so fortunate to have had a front row seat.  God has encouraged, loved on, blessed and even healed some of this precious women.  And like I told my hair, make up and jewelry girl, Tina, "God is better than awesome!!!"  Happy Valentine's day!!!  Cija
**** Original photos have been cropped for the client's privacy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So awesome Cija! I know Brittany was ranting and raving about you! And I think her friend Heather did it too (or at least she was going to try to get her to do it). What a gift you've given these women (and men!!!). Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say....Amen and Amen. So much is changing from doing this that I cant even express it. Well said.