Saturday, February 19, 2011

Perfect Pairs... a Late Valentine's Post

Okay, hold on... I'm about to go all controversial on my blog!  Well... it is my blog, so why not.  Now I realize that I am a little late, on Valentine's day I was just sitting here thinkin' and I decided to snap some fun shot of things that go together, perfect pairs.  Sometimes I wish that I would have these ideas in advance so I could really think them out and make them all pretty and perfect ("perfect" that is so me!!), but instead I took the 5 minutes that I had and walked around my kitchen looking for perfect pairs.  Then... when I discovered that my images were far from perfect I set out to delete them and scrap the whole idea.

 But in the end... 5 days late I decided to embrace the pictures for what they are and post them any way.  So...  a few days before Valentine's day I was having a discussion with... a young man, who will remain nameless (for now anyway), he had recently become engaged so I was curious what he would be planning for his first Valentine's Day with his new "Bride to be". 
 Imagine my disappointment when he replied that they were simply exchanging "cheesy" cards, they thought Valentine's day was silly and that it doesn't mean anything if you are forced to express your love on a certain day of the year.  Poppycock!!  I couldn't disagree more! (yep, this is extent of  controversy for me, by nature I am still I people pleaser!!)
 I am in love with love!  All kinds of love!  The first love you experience with your mom and your dad.  Your first best friend and the comfort that comes from always having someone to play with.  Love for a teacher that saw something unique and special in you and took the time to cultivate what they saw.
 Young love, that first boy who makes your stomach do sommer saults and causes you to be act beyond ridiculous. 
 True love when you find your soul mate and the person that will share every part of who they are with you and you with them.  That person who will share happiness with you when you buy your first home, fear when you get laid off, sadness when you lose two babies and joy when you hold your baby girl for the first time.
 But then there is the greatest love of all... the love of a God, who sent His son to die on a cross so that I might live.  A God who relentlessly pursues us... 
 Love is Patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Faith, Hope and Love.  But the greatest of these is love.
So... as far as I am concerned if anything deserves a holiday it would have to be "LOVE". 
I say, roll around in it, get all pruney in it and then spread it everywhere you go!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that... "Roll around in it, get all pruney and then spread it around". Fabulous saying! I too LOVE love!