Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Days

I remember when I was a kid... oh the thrill that came from Snow Days!!  We would listen to the radio or watch the news with anxious anticipation, crossing as many appendages as possible to increase our chances.  We would spend the day outside, making snow forts (I fear that is a lost art) and snowmen, followed by hours of trying to sled done the 4 foot hill that lined the side of our drive way.  My kids have a very different approach to the typical snow day, they play outside for awhile but are cold much sooner than we used to be and make their way inside.  Ah... but these past two snows days have been much different, it's simply too cold to go outside, so here we are, all trapped indoors.  Much of the time has been spent bickering over what to watch or what to play.  So imagine my delight when I stumbled across this... 
A good old fashion tea party!!  I love that Ryanne is using an empty bottle of bubbles for a tea cup and thanks to Aunt Wendy they have these fabulous hats to complete their "looks".  Ah... music to a mother's ear, her precious babies laughing and having fun!  There's nothing quite like a good imagination to pass the day!


 Oh my goodness, this is so Sabrina!  I can't wait to see who she will be when she grows up.  God has certainly used His imagination when He fashioned her. 


I was so looking forward to my shoot tomorrow, Tuesday's already had to be postponed, and now it seems that tomorrow's will have to be rescheduled as well due to a case of pneumonia, poor little Gavin, I sure hope he is feeling better soon.  So I will hold out hope for Friday's shoot, I am really looking forward to it, another lovely lady and a Valentine Boudoir shoot.  Well, it's time to hunker down with those kiddos of mine and watch the last of our rented movies... The return of Nanny McFee".  Until next time!!

2 comments:

juli said...

holy cow! this is adorable! major bickering over here too but unfortunately no cute tea parties with the boys-ha! and where in the world have i been?! i am so far behind on your blog, all the way to christmas but i'm caught up now. you are a blogging, picture taking fool i tell ya! i love it all:)

Unknown said...

Just adorable! Madison has been sick all this week so our whole snow week has consisted of movies and not much playing! Great pictures!