Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Party Time...

So last night was Abby's birthday party. Ann has asked me to take pictures at her girl's parties this past year. Melanie's was cake, mid August on the patio bathed in tons of yummy natural light. Abby's however, is in the dead of winter inside and dimly lit with candles (which by the way creates awesome ambiance but really terrible lighting for a natural light girl like me) but... I decided I was gonna try and shoot it all with out flash (nice of me to experiment on my girlfriend's party aye?!). Hope you enjoy!





Ann always sets the most beautiful tables, it's fun to try and capture on the little details that go into her decorating.



Andy is the family cook, if he had a facebook page this would have to be his profile pic, this is how I always see him. Dinner was D-E-Licious!
Time to dig in and enjoy! Garlic Bread, Lemon Chicken Pasta, Pasta with spicy marinara and salad.
Ah... the birthday girl.

Okay, so this was may favorite part, time to blow out the candles, but Emma made a b-line for the candles and had them blown out before Abby even had a chance! Here Abby is just fakin' it!

Okay, I could resist, ya know I love the feet anyway, but I loved the contrast of granddaughter and grandpa.
The evening ended with a little make up session and a few wild (7 players) round of Nertz!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics. I want to learn to take pictures like that! Not because I want to be a professional, but just because I love it and I want to be able to do that. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Ann said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can not wait to scrapbook these pics! I will have so much fun. I am so blessed that you capture memories for me:) love you!!!