Thursday, March 17, 2011

Giving Back

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  No matter how much I say I'm going to be prepared this silly day always manages to sneak up on me.  You see in a moment of weakness I started these "traditions" that my kids have come to expect!  I thought maybe they had forgotten or maybe it wasn't that big of a deal but this morning they were listing all the fun they expected when they get home from school!  So my afternoon will include writing and hiding clues for a treasure hunt, printing pictures of Leperchauns and going to the store for green milkshake ingrediants.  But never mind that...

So a week or so ago I asked you to thinking about people you might know that are going through a difficult time.  Do you know a family that has been stuck by cancer or perhaps they have been victim of a tragic accident?  Since starting my business, I have been so blessed to be able to meet some precious families who were facing some terrible life giants.  First there was Ellie, a 3 year old diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer.
 Ellie is 5 years old now and Praise the Lord, is currently in remission!! 
 Next, I met Mike a husband and father of 3 little boys,  Mike was just starting his battle with cancer and wanted to get some pictures done for his wife.  The last time I spoke with Mike's wife she said that he was "doing very well".
About year ago, this precious little boy fell from a 3 story window, I can not tell you how honored I felt being allowed to photograph this little boy during the most frightening time of his life.  Little Joshua is doing just GREAT!!!  And it just makes me smile every time I see his cute little face in the hallways at church.  Thank you, Jesus!


 This past fall, I got to meet Melissa and her sweet family.  Also fighting a battle with cancer, in late November she reported "each scan has shown dramatic regression of the tumor sizes"... I continue to pray for her full recovery.  
God has richly blessed my photography business and I want to show my deep appreciation by giving back in some small way.  So... here's the plan.  Send me an email at cija@3wishesphotography.com and nominate a family, who facing their own giant, for a free photo session.  I will be drawing a winner each month between January and August.
Tips and more info:
- Things you should include in your email: name of the person being nominated, their "story", a contact person, and contact information.
- What's included?  Session time and 15 digital images on CD with print release.
- Will I go to the hospital? Yes
- Will I go the person's home? Yes
- Can you remain annonymous? Yes
- Do they have to be part of the blog or website? No
- How will they be notified?  That is up to you, you can contact them and have them get in touch with me, or I can contact them directly.
- Families will be asked to schedule their sessions with in 4 weeks of notification if possible and no later than September 10th.
- Can I nominate a person mulitple times?  No need, everyone that is nominated will be in the drawing each month.
Have questions?  Send me an email or post them in a comment and I will get back to you.  I hope to hear from you soon!!!  I can't wait to get started!!!  Cija

No comments: