Friday, June 28, 2013

Family Photographer in Castle Rock, CO

Yes, you are in the right place... I made some changes to the blog.  I wish I was more blog savvy, I have a look in mind but I can't seem to execute it in real life.  So for today, any way, we are going simple and clean.  But enough about that, let's get down to the pictures! Last night I ventured over to Castle Pines for a backyard shoot with the Kragt family.
With out a single hesitation I will now list all of their names!  I know!!  I know all their names!!
Okay... front row, left to right.
Isabella, Mike, Saba & Ethel
Back Row...  Lindsey, Ben and Amanda!!
Can somebody get this girl a sticker!!
And I even know a wee little bit about each of the kids... Isabella is a huge fan of ladybugs and even has a fabulously special bug hut for them, it's a rubbermaid with holes punch in the lid.  There were some rocks in the container that were posing a health hazard when they rolled from one side to the other, so in the end she decided it would be best to ditch the rocks all together.  Oh... and her favorite ice cream flavor of ice cream is "Watermelon" I don't suppose you hear that very often!
Lindsey (in the pink) is doing her residence for medical school, Ben is a student at Cal-Poly and Amanda (in the blue) recently graduated and is working on a special women's project in Nigeria (she returns to Nigeria on Sunday. 

 I love this photo of Isabella and her grandma, Ethel.  I had a few minutes to speak with Ethel after the shoot was over.  She shared with me that she recently lost her husband of almost 50 years, I could see the sadness in her eyes as the memories flooded her mind.  Would you join me in lifting a prayer requesting comfort for Ethel as the Lord brings her and others who have lost their dear ones to your mind. 
"The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Ps 34:18
Isabella was also a huge help as she helped me choose some of the picture locations.  Her first choice was under this lovely green tree. 
 I really had a nice time with this family and I am thrilled that they snatch up my last opening for June and July.  Yep... July is booked but I still have openings for August, so if you are looking for some summer pics now is the time to get on the schedule!

 I hope you are all enjoying your summer, I think the girls and I are just starting to find our new no-school groove.   With the new floors in and just the baseboards to be reinstalled the furniture is starting to find it's way back into the house and I can see my kitchen counters again!
 We have scheduled in fun time with each other to make sure our summer doesn't slip by with out some mommy and girlie's time.  And today we started our summer Bible study!!  Which I am so excited about!!  We are going to study the story of Hannah in I Samuel.  Man, what a rich story, I can't wait to dig in more and more to find the rich truths hiding for us there. 
But the thought that lingers with me today comes from I Samuel 1:10 
"In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the Lord."
What a an example Hannah has left for us, no matter our situation or the state of our heart we should always pray to the Lord. 
Until Monday... Cija
www.3wishesphotography.com
cija@3wishesphotography.com

No comments: