Sunday, June 26, 2011

In the Name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit

This afternoon my future nephew-in-law was baptized!!  It was the exclamation mark on the end of an incredible journey and the beginning of another.  A little over 14 months ago, my niece, Crystal, started to fall for the man who would be her husband.  I remember sitting in Chipolte with Crystal when she expressed her feelings for him were stronger that even she could understand.  That day was the day that we began praying for Scott.  In the months that followed we stood in awe as we watched the God of the Universe, the Creator of everything, chase after the heart of the man, who had captured Crystal's heart.   Today as I stood and watched this man make an outward declaration that Jesus Christ was his Lord and Savior, I gave praise to God in Heaven for a love so great, so personal, and so unbelievable.  We love you, Scott!!!
 The celebration was kicked off with a little music.
 Pastor Brian explained the meaning and importance of baptism.

 Then is was time... Pastor Brian assured everyone that he had baptized someone as tall as Scott before, but called for the spectators to be "ready" just incase he couldn't get him up!!
 It was a snug fit!!


The end.

1 comment:

Lynn Johnson said...

CJ, again you evoke emotions with your gift of an eye and talent that could only be from God. Thank you for these pictures and your words. I was there the day Scott stood up and gave his life to Jesus. God blessed me so much today to be able to witness this surrendering and by having me be there today.