Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My New BFF!! Haley

This is my new BFF.  Her name is Haley.

Haley is 9 years old and has had quite an adventure.  Her mom told me a little bit about her story this morning and I am sure that I will not get all straight but I will do my best to give you a little glimpse of her very remarkable story.  Haley was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor when she was 4 months old.  They extracted 3/4 of the tumor and she underwent 3 years of chemotherapy.  She was then on the brink of luekemia (there was a big medical word for her condition) and needed a bone marrow transplant when she was 4 years old.  Then it was 4 years of misdiagnosed food allergies that had her taking 10 different medications and suffering from chronic tummy issues.  A move to Colorado, a set of fresh doctors and a mommy with a idea led to Haley being tested for food allergies, bye bye medications!!  Haley's tumor has been acting up lately; if I recall correctly, it has grown by 25%, it is not currently life threatening but it is quality of life threatening and doctor's advised a round of radiation.  
(Haley is currently planning her "Done with Radiation" party!)

This is Kris, an Artist... with an idea for her thesis.  The idea is to paint portraits of these 
"mini"  S UP E R   H E R O E S


Kris, asked me to join her this morning to photograph Haley, then she will take the photos and work her magic, I can't wait to see what she comes up with!  
 Haley decided that she would be "Cat Women" or "Cat Gal" or maybe even "Cat Chick",  come to think of it we really never decided on the perfect name.
Haley gave me a personal tour of her room, I was a fan!  I mean who doesn't like fairies!!!
 But I was even a bigger fan of Haley, she was the sweetness of 10 wrapped up in one little package.  She was funny, expressive and down right entertaining.  I could have hung out with her for hours. 
 And this pretty lady is one of Haley's heroes... her mom.  
 Haley didn't let me leave empty handed; she colored a picture for me to take with me when I left.
 Haley is an extraordinary little girl with an extraordinary story, who loves an extraordinary God.  Please be praying for Haley, she will find out on the 18th if the radiation was succesful.
I wish you all a very Happy Easter!  
Jesus is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!!


www.3wishesphotography.com
cija@3wishesphotography.com

2 comments:

SagaciousSage said...

Cija, thank you so much for capturing all this. I'm so excited to see Kris's passion and gifts used in conjunction with yours. I love Hayley and her family and look forward to more great things to come to bring Him glory!

Misty said...

Kris is a wonderful and beautiful person. She will do this lil heroine justice!