Thursday, April 12, 2012

Newborn Photographer in Castle Rock, CO


Oh my, it's been awhile!  Sorry to have been away for so long.  March is typically a slow month photography wise but I managed to fill it up with lots of things!  

Yesterday was an interesting day... yes, interesting is the word I am going to use.   It's so much better than  "crappy" or "totally sucked", so interesting it is.  It started out with carpool and then a photoshoot with the owner of these "Teeny Tiny Toes" (mom and dad have decided to keep her photos private).  We started out on location but she was struggling and we decided that I would follow them back to their house where we would try again, in more familiar settings.  Turns out we live about a 1/2 a mile from one another.  After the shoot was over, I teeter tottered with what to do next, go home, or go run errands... I had just  passed my turn when my indecision pushed me to pull over and gather my thoughts.   Home... I would go home to make a sandwich to eat for lunch while out running errands and save us a little money.  I went to make a U-turn to head for home and "WHAM" I got broadsided.  I managed to remain fairly calm, my heart just broke for the girl that hit me, she was just 16 years old and totally freaked out about getting in trouble.  So, I made it my mission to make sure she felt as safe and comfortable as the situation would allow.  I assured her that the only person getting in trouble would be me.   We chatted while we waited for the police tried to assess the  damage.  Her mom showed up a while later and we discovered that we live only a few houses away from each other.  I think perhaps they would have appreciated a basket of muffins as a neighborhood greeting far more than this.  
It took a couple of hours and two savvy tow truck drivers to get the cars apart.  Ya know, when I think about it, everyone was getting along great.  We were all chatting and laughing at the puzzle our collision had made, if it weren't for the accident part I would say we were having a really great time (even the police officer was friendly and chatting it up with us).  But when I got home, I fell apart.  Role playing all the little decisions and circumstances that brought me to that place at that time, going through the list of "what if's" and staring down the road ahead and what happens now.  Carpooling was out, our other car doesn't have room for everyone, would they total the van, 
worry and anxiety began to clamp down on my spirit.  
The day before, I had heard a message on the radio about "what can we put our confidence in?"  the answer was Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those that love God."  Well, I definitely love God, so I qualify for this promise.  The preacher went on to point out the highlights of Joseph's life, thrown in a pit, sold as a slave, falsely imprisoned, but eventually 2nd in command of Eygpt.  What was meant for evil God meant for good.  I won't pretend to know what God will do through this "interesting" situation, but I can have confidence that He will work through it for good.  
So... I have to share an early answer to prayer.  I was really stressing about the carpool situation.  We open enroll our kids at a little country school and it's a 36 mile round trip, no carpooling meant that our gas expense would double.  This morning as I was backing out of the driveway to take the girls to school, the carpool lady drove up.  She said that she would drive the kids back and forth everyday and we could just pitch in for gas!  Well praise the Lord!

(oh and yes, I am okay.  I broke my big toe (what?!?!) and have some general day after soreness but I will be back to my old self soon.  The 16 year old said she was fine, but I image that today she is feeling some aches and pains too.)

No comments: