Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hope


As I have eluded, things have a been well... rather bumpy so far this year.  There are moments when the grief and the loss seem almost too much to bare.  But then there are moments when God's peace falls on me with unmistakable power.  This morning was one of those mornings.  As I prepared to make the bed (far too early, I might add) I opened the blinds and was greeted with a magnificent display of God's handiwork.  The mountains were covered in a blanket of deep purple and the sky was painted in pink and orange and the moon was full and bright.  I was quickly reminded that that the creator of such beauty was the Author and Finisher of my faith, My God and My Savior.

Later, after the girls were dropped at school I started making my way through my email inbox and read the following devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


"And the truth of the matter is: God never changes. His power to give a future and hope never change. His Word never changes. So when life weaves stories of doubt and hopelessness in God’s authority over circumstances, I reread accounts of His faithfulness and redemption. I refer back to the Truth…
All the while Job’s family, home, crops and health demolished…God was preparing to give him double of what was killed, stolen, lost and damaged.
The time Joseph was a slave and prisoner…God was planning for him to be second in command over Egypt.
When Ruth was a homeless, barren widow…God was creating a home in Boaz’s heart for her to be a wife, and mother, and great, great, great-grandmother to His Son.
As Lazarus was bound in grave clothes…God was forming the breath that’d give him new life.
The moment David laid down in adultery…God was laying the groundwork for him to rise up in repentance.
Every time Saul crucified Christians…God saw Paul preaching the crucified Christ.
With each strike that Sarai beat Hagar with…God saw Sarah beating her jealousy, pride and doubt with the birth of Isaac.
When Esther was an orphaned girl shaking in fear for her life…God made a way for His daughter to shake a kingdom and save His people.
As Rahab welcomed men into the shelter of her bed…God saw her sheltering the spies on her roof.
When Peter lost faith and denied Christ…God saw him bringing many to faith as he proclaimed Christ.
As Moses killed an Egyptian with his hands…God saw him chiseling the Ten Commandments with those same hands.
At the time Mary saw Jesus die…God saw Jesus resurrected and seated on His heavenly throne!
No matter what the dire, dreary circumstances, God turned each into a hopeful future."

© 2012 by Samantha Reed. All rights reserved.


May the Lord bless you and keep you in his tender care. Cija




No comments: