Monday, February 6, 2012

Boudoir Photographer in Castle Rock, CO

NOTE: While I offer full service Boudoir photography I do not post any of my "more delicate" work in this public forum, to see a private boudoir gallery please contact me at cija@3wishesphotography.com. 
 I just love this time of year... the fall rush of family shoots has slowed and the theme of my winter shoots shifts while people wait for warmer weather to venture out again for pictures.  Leaving me, with some of my favorite photo opps!!  Babies, Bellies and Boudoir!  And with Valentine's just a week and half away, Boudoir photography is topping the list!  Many of you already know my heart behind doing this type of photography but I feel that it is worth repeating.  I would have never dreamed that I was be so crazy for these bedroom shoots.  In fact, when I was first asked about doing such a shoot, I laughed right out loud!  But the requests continued to come, I shared a rather humorous story of my own boudoir experience in an earlier post so I won't go into detail but in short, being both the Boudoir Babe and the photographer, lent it's self to a rather comical episode to say the least.  

 It's what happened after, that struck me so deeply.  If I was to be measured by the typical standard for beauty I fear I would not rate high on that scale, there is more of me than there should be and my heels look more like railroad tracks than feet! (Two years ago, the list of things I didn't like about physical appearance would have been much, much longer.)



  But the pictures told a different story, I saw a beautiful girl staring back at me.  Pictures that I thought sure would find their demise at the push of the delete key, instead found their way into a photo album for my husband.  I was a nervous wreck... my Rodney is a man of few words and most of the time his compliments are tucked in a glance or an unassuming touch.   That night as his eyes and fingers lingered over the pictures, back and forth over the pages, something happened... I began to see myself through the eyes of someone who loved me. 



  

Boudoir photography is so much more to me than just sexy pictures of picture perfect women.  It's about appreciating the beauty in every woman, all shapes and all ages for we are all wonderfully made!  It's about these women finally being able to see the deep and vast beauty in themselves... to see themselves through the eyes of Someone who loves them.
"Arise, my darling, my beautiful one and come with me."
Song of Songs 2:10 

I hope that you will consider taking this journey... it is well worth it!
Cija
www.3wishesphotography.com
(Pictures have been cropped for the privacy of these beautiful ladies.  If you are interested in seeing more of my work, please contact me for a private gallery.)



No comments: