Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Castle Rock Photographer - Questions about Senior Photos Answered

Do you have a graduating senior in the house? Have questions about senior photos? Let me see if I can help.

Do I have to have my senior's photos taken by an outside photographer? No, your school will provide an in-house photo day to have your senior's headshot taken for the yearbook.


If I decide to use my own photographer can one of the photos from their session be used in yearbook? Depends on the school, used to be that most schools would accept photo from outside photographers but more and more high schools are wanting a single source for all the yearbook photos.

Do I have to pick from the photographers listed in the school information? No, those photographers pay a fee to be identified as a "preferred photographer", you can use any photographer you would like.  

What if they require that the yearbook photo be taken by a specific photographer, do I have to use them for all my photos? No, you can ask that they just take the yearbook image and you can book a separate session for the photo you want to use in your home. 

When do I need to schedule my shoot? If you will using a yearbook photo from your session, you will need to have the photos taken prior to the yearbook submission deadline, which can range from mid-sep to mid-nov. So, senior photos are generally taken the summer between the junior and senior year. BUT, book early as good photographers book quickly. If you don't need to submit a photo from your shoot for the yearbook, you can have your photos done anytime during your senior year. 

How much should I expect to pay for senior pictures? A good photographer can be anywhere from $600 on the low-end to $2000 on the high-end. The low range photographers will typically include digital images with a print release, while the more expensive photographers will offer in-person sales where you pick the images you want printed and the sizes you want and the photographer will have them printed on your behalf. The in person sales eliminates the hassle of ordering your own images, but the digital product that you print yourself can save you a lot of money. 











No comments: