Thursday, October 15, 2009

Families... Families... Families...










Tis the season for family pictures! Last night I was with the Spomer Family, I met Heather a couple of year's ago at the Dance Studio where our daughters took dance lessons together. It has been just about a year since I saw them last and I am always so surprised to see how much kids grow in a year!! Surely mine are not growing that fast, they'll be little forever, right!??!? It's always a good reminder for me... unfortunately they won't be small forever and I let too many moments slip away distracted with stuff that just doesn't matter. I was desperately searching for the top of my desk yesterday when I came across two 3x5 cards, where I had jotted down some "advice for Cija". I think the advise is soooo good I want to share it with you!!
- My challenge is to help my children fall in love with Jesus, I need to focus on the relationship not just teaching them the "facts".
- My children need to understand they are loved, accepted & wanted by me and also by a real, caring & powerful God.
- I need to model God in my behavior towards my children, be happy to see them, have all the time in the world for them, and be patient and tender with them.
With that said I have a set of twins and a round a Princess Yahtzee to tend to! In case you have forgotten... Jesus LOVES you! and in case no one's ever told you... JESUS LOVES YOU, He is happy to see you and He has all the time in the world for you!! Hugs... Cija

No comments: