Monday, April 11, 2011

Family Photographer in Castle Rock, CO

 Tonight I was with the Talley family.  Don works for Youth for Christ and recently returned from a trip to Florida.  He was telling me about one night in particular, he invited the kids to come forward and take a rock that would represent the sin in their lives, as well as a piece of paper to write God a letter and then sent them out to find place alone along the coast to write their letters.

 When they heard the music that would signal the time to return to their cabins, but if they were ready to give their lives to Christ he wanted them to shout the word "YES!" and throw their rock into the ocean. 

 Don watched and listened from above, as the time came, one after another he heard kids shouting "YES!" for Jesus!  I believe he said the number was 57 out of 83 kids made a decision for Christ!  Almost made me cry when he told me the story.  (Side note:  I took Ryanne to see "Soul Surfer" on Friday, afterwards I said "Ryanne, how in the world did you keep from crying during the movie?"  She replied "Well, I was about to cry but then I just sucked it up!"  Man, I love that kid!
 These lovely ladies are Madison and Taylor.  A few months back, I was over at a friend's house, it just so happened that Taylor was visiting too while her mom and dad enjoyed a date night.  While showing off her highest karate kick, she took a fall and broke her arm, I don't recall all the details but I do remember that her elbow bone was just floating around in there, attached to nothing.  She had to be taken to Children's Hospital for emergency surgery.  Man, what a brave little girl, I sat with her in the back seat on the way to the first hospital and she never even cried, I guess she sucked it up too! It was good to see her with out her purple cast (it even had sparkles!).

 Madison told me that she learned about Dinosaurs at school today, I am just so thrilled that I finally have their names straight!!  Do you think it would look tacky if I had people wear name tags during their shoot?  Hmmm...
 (so this picture totally reminds me of the Cooksey's, the girls are all barefoot and dad has his shoes and socks just so!


Man, I really enjoyed my time with this family.  Don always has some great story to tell and Crissie, well... she is just down right inspirational.  What a beautiful picture of Christ she is.  I am not sure I have ever met someone who's heart is bent towards serving others as much as her's is and I was blessed to see her in action.   
Well, tomorrow I will be driving for the field trip at school another post AKI first!  I am so excited (provided I have quiet and well behaved children in my car! HA!!)  Until next time... Cija

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family... and two beautiful girls! I just love the names Madison and Taylor! :) They really should have another girl and name her Bailey!

Crissie said...

oh cija....you are the best!!! i love them all!! thanks again for going the extra mile!!