Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Baby is EIGHT!

 Can I just say, the picture of me when I was 8 years old looked nothing like these!!  It was taken by the school photographer and my mom set my hair in pin curls the night before! 
 It's hard to imagine that Melia is turning 8, it really does go too fast, but I love this age, we have long talks and she actually hangs on every word, followed by thoughtful questions.

 Last night we were having a pretty heavy conversation, I think I tend to go places that other mom's wait on but all I can do is pray for wisdom and trust God with my heart's intentions.  We made many stops along the way but eventually ended up talking about the two babies that I miscarried before she was born, Carina and Noah.  I cried as I recalled the pain of losing those precious babies and Melia cried right along with me.  Such sweet moments...

 Melia is thoughtful, happy and sassy (in a good way) all at the same time.  She inspires me with way she fully lives each emotion!
 Happy Birthday sweet girl!  Mommy loves you so much!


2 comments:

Ann said...

I love these pictures, I can't believe she is 8 either! What a beautiful young lady! You are in big trouble Mom and Dad! Cija these are simply beautiful. Happy Birthday Melia!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Melia! I can't believe she's eight! What great pictures, and what precious moments we get to have with them as they grow older. Priceless!