Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seniors, The Boy Scouts and Birdhouses



This morning I was with Alex and his fabulous mom, Dawn.  Now I am not sure is Alex is technically my last senior shoot or my first senior shoot of the season, but I think maybe he would be considered my last, as he is graduating in May. 
Alex is graduation from C.O.V.A (Colorado Online Virtual Academy) and plans to attend Arapahoe County College in the fall where he will pursue an IT career. 
 Now... let's talk about the bird house.  
Alex made the bird house and 5 others, he is working with Post Partners to increase the bluebird population here in Colorado to help keep the mosquito population under control. 
He was entirely in charge of this project, planning, organizing, procuring supplies and finding volunteers to make it all happen.  

 Alex has also enjoyed a long career in The Boy Scouts (you should have seen how proud his mama was when he put on his uniform).  He started as a "Cubby" and plans to continue after high school in the "Venture Crew".
Alex was one of my favorite clients... he gave me 2 hugs, told me "You Rock!" and said I was one of their families dearest friends!!  What a great way to spend the morning! 
He even made his mom give me a hug before they left, Dawn mentioned that she is not much of a "hugger" but she should really consider being one of those people with the "Free Hugs" signs... she gives and especially nice hug and I'm not even kidding!
Well, I am off for now!!  Until next time!
Cija
www.3wishesphotography.com
cija@3wishesphotography.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Cija - You did an amazing job! Look at our handsome fella. I love your blog post, too, with the additional shots and background story. Here, we thought you were just making conversation, but you were remembering all kinds of details - you sneaky, wonderful woman, you. You can have all the "Free Hugs" you want. Thank you!