Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Children's Photographer in Castle Rock, CO

 Yesterday was a good day, although I didn't think it was going to be with the way it started.  As I drove my kids over to their grandma's house, my heart was anxious and I was scared.  I hate being scared.  It's an emotion that is so outside the walls of control.  As the kids chatted I was silently praying, really it was more like all out panicing with "Dear Heavenly Father" tagged in front of it.
 Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of some adviced I received from Karen, a dear sweet friend of mine.  She told me that when I am scared it's because I am focusing on the storm and not Jesus.  She reminded me that Peter was walking on top of the water in the midst of a storm until he took his eyes off Jesus to look at the waves and that is when he got scared and started to sink.  In that moment, I was sinking and I knew I needed to take my eyes off the "storm" and put them back on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith.
 My prayer turned to praise and worship as I though about the beautiful blue sky, green rolling hills and the birds watching the traffic whiz by from the electric lines above.  My God had made all of this just by speaking them into exsistance.  My God was amazing and had power beyond my ability to conceive.  My  heart wanted to sing, I turned up the radio and the words...  "For you I sing and dance, rejoice in this Divine Romance, life my heart and my hands to show my love, to show my love...".  It was perfect.  When the song ended I flipped over to 89.7 where I listened to God pour out His heart for me through a message on difficult times and storms that come into our lives.  It was perfect.

 By the time I reached my photoshoot, I was feeling better and being a few minutes early gave me the opportunity to roll down my windows, feel the breeze and thank my precious Savior for saving me again. 
Little Elizabeth and her mom Cathy were the perfect addition to my morning.  I first met Cathy and Elizabeth 2 years ago and have had the pleasure of photographing her beautiful kiddos ever since.  Cathy is such a huge blessing in my life and in my business, I lovingly refer to her as my "Don King" my personal promoter!  She has sent friend after friend my way, clients that I treasure and hold dear to my heart.  Thank you, Cathy!  You are the BEST! 
 On my way out the door, I grabbed this umbrella, I didn't know what Elizabeth would be wearing but... I thought we might need a little help here and there with the bright sun.  I was delighted to see the dress Cathy had scored at Nordstom Rack!
 The shoot was a breeze, Elizabeth was excited to show off that pretty smile of hers and then she and her mom were off to Starbucks for donuts and chocolate milk to celebrate their success. 
 I headed home to spend some time with my sweet friend Talia.  Later that evening, my gal pal, Amity came over to go over planning for a women's ministry event at church.  I was busy printing off info we would go over when she arrived so the girls let her in.  When she walked around the corner she was carrying two huge hanging flower baskets!!  I had told her a while back how much I love them but always felt they were a luxury item that we could not afford.  I was blown away and so touched that she had remember and thought to buy them for me.  Before she left (several hours later) we put the baskets on the front porched and gave them some water, while we shared some of the more tender places of our hearts. 
 It was then that she told me that the Lord had laid it on her heart to buy the baskets for me, two not one and they had to be big and full of lovely flowers. I was overwhelmed... and tears filled my eyes.  I can't begin to explain all the places that act of kindness from a friend and love from my precious and Holy Savior touched and comforted... but it was one of those times that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt the God and his son Jesus loved me more than I could imagine.
And He loves you too!  "If you confess with  your mouth "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved!"  Romans 10:9

XOXO, Cija

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cija - You never cease to amaze me! Those pictures and your writing brought tears to my eyes.
YOU are the blessing!!
I can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I love your blog it's Absolutely Amazing;-) The pictures are great too. I'm blessed to have a friend like you;-) Louise

Ann said...

WOW! Your pix are like a cold glass of iced tea on a hot day...simply refreshing and beautiful! Ann

Anonymous said...

I just HAD to tell you how much I LOVE this little girl and her umbrella. Love, love, love the close up of her under the umbrella. Great pics! Heather