Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Giving Back" - Doesn't seem to be enough...

I don't even know where to start this post. My thoughts race from one place to another so quickly that I can't even manage to complete a thought. As some of you know last month I started a "Giving Back" program as a way to say "Thank you" for the way God has used each of you to bless my business in such an incredible way. It always amazes me how God takes everything and multiples it in a thousand mind blowing ways. I had no idea the personal effect this venture would have on me, as the stories have come in the Lord has filled my thoughts with these families and their precious stories. I have spent time thinking about what it must feel like to be walking these difficult and scary paths and time praying for their comfort, healing and a sense of Jesus' presence all along the way.
 I met Mike about a year ago when he scheduled a session with me to have some pictures taken for his wife.  He had just found out he had cancer and wanted to get some pictures before the effects of his treatment started to manifest themselves in his appearance.  I remember him saying "I want some pictures for my wife... just in case."
 Mike has 3 boys, Jack (6) and Irish twins Henry (4) & Vincent (3).
 Several months ago, I sent an email to Shanna, Mike's wife,to see how Mike was doing, and was so happy when she said that he was "doing very well".

 So when I received an email a week or so ago from Mike wanting to schedule a family shoot I was certain that it was in celebration of his full recovery. 
 While trying to find the perfect location for this shoot Shanna mentioned that if at all possible they would like to try and move the date up,  Mike was starting chemo again...
 This picture of Shanna and Mike is my favorite from our time together.  Mike was not feeling well and for the most part you would have never known it.  He always managed to smile and connect with his sweet boys; but in this moment he sought the comfort and support of his beautiful bride.  It makes me cry just thinking about it. 


Sometimes living in this fallen world of ours really sucks.  Cancer sucks. 

But when we choose to believe that Jesus Christ died for us
 we receive the Gift of Salvation and an Everlasting Savior... Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
(John 14:6).

But now, this is what the Lord says - he who created you, he who formed you, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel; your Savior.  You are precious and honored in my sight and I love you. Do not be afraid for I am with  you...  Isaiah 43: 1-5a.

Please join me in praying for Mike, for Shanna and for their little boys, Jack, Henry and Vince.

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Wow Cija, powerful, beautiful and perfectly put. Praying for this beautiful family!

Aimee said...

aww Cija, what a beautiful post and pictures, Mike and his family are in my prayers...your blog always send my emotions reeling, but I love how you end in reminding us the best is promised and yet to come..Praise the Lord!