Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Vacation

Did you miss me?!?!  I hope it wasn't too hard on you having me gone for a couple of weeks... boy oh boy, have I been having a good time.  I am not really one for New Year's resolutions, but there is one thing I want to do better at this year and that is remembering to take photos of my family and our wonderful life.  I was not so good at that this past year!!  As I looked to collect photos for this post I realized just how many things I didn't have documented.  And those I do... are mostly taken with my phone (I am not so good with the phone I need manual settings and dials to turn!!)    But regardless, here is a tiny peek into our goings on these past couple of weeks. 

We had PERFECT snowflake picture taking snow, so I tried my hand at it once more...  oh what I wouldn't give for a super fantastic macro lens (hint hint....)
 We had a super fun evening with the Henderson's... Starbucks, then the Broadmoor Hotel to see the gingerbread houses and then dinner at The Airplane Restaurant!
 It was pretty hokey but the kids loved it.
 Christmas baking with the neighbor girls (oh me oh my... I bit off WAY more than I could chew for Christmas Eve!  I baked from 8:00 AM until 5:30 that night... Santa Cookies, Reindeer noses, White Chocolate confetti popcorn, Sweetie Pies, 5 batches of cookie dough, 4 different sugar scrubs, home made crescent rolls,  chocolate covered peanuts, a beef roast, pink fluff, and... roasted potatoes!!
 I was pooped!)
 The girlies and I did some crafting...  Ryanne is sewing and playing on the iPad all at the same time, this girl has got some skills, let me tell you!!

 We played with the lights!! OH and decorated two Christmas trees, our "fresh" tree... croaked 2 weeks in, just wouldn't drink any water!!  I was so paranoid about it going up in flames I wouldn't turn the lights on, so in the end we took it down and put up an artificial one, it looked pretty pathetic so I had to get creative when photographing it.
 Added 3 new members to the family:
Snowball, Mocha and Twix
 Hung out with the Cromwell's and crafted some handmade claymation!!
 Enjoyed a cookie exchange and a neighborhood tour of the lights, hosted by the Connor's!
 Had lunch out at Panda Express and got to see "Wreck-it Ralph" with these 4 crazy girls.
 Went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 for Lisa's birthday
 Rang in the New Year with friends 
(like our very fancy toasting glasses to go with our very fancy Sparkling cider?!?!?)
 So I forgot to buy the annual Gingerbread house to make on New Year's day with the Kurtz's so Ann and I scrambled and came up with foam houses, this is the garden but the houses were quite cute, Valentine in theme but still cute!  Come on people, work with me here!
 Enjoyed our traditional Monkey Bread on New Year's day. I gotta love how everyone is eating healthy  after the first of the year and the Cooksey's and chowin' on Monkey Bread.  Oh Cija...
 Taught my family how to play Clue... Can you believe it was Rod's very first time?!?  For the record... it was Miss Scarlet in the Living Room with the Wrench!!
And celebrated Rod and my's 20th Wedding Anniversary!!! We obviously went to Gabriel's for dinner, excellent lobster and creme brule' but the rest was pretty average.  We decided we are losing our phoophiness...  would have preferred a steak at Lonestar!!
So I have one more day of vacation (tomorrow) and then it is back to work on Friday.  

I am all booked up for January but I am currently booking for February.  Still have room for up to 4 Boudoir shoots prior to Valentine's day but you must book soon!!!

Sloan and I will be back on Monday with her 1 Year Old sneak peek!!!
XOXO Cija
www.3wishesphotography.com
cija@3wishesphotography.com

No comments: